Madeleine’s latest book is bursting full of amazing recipes!! This is one of my favourite quick and simple ones to whip up as an afternoon snack for my elves and I or like Madeleine suggests, as nibbles for friends whilst I prepare dinner. Humous is such a great dip and there are so many variations of it now to make and to buy but it’s so nice to have some other options under your belt, especially if (like me) chickpeas don’t really agree with you! I also can’t eat garlic so I swap it for a little cumin and salt but I am sure garlic would be really delicious too!
- 400g can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp smoked paprika, plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 1 chicory, leaves broken up
- 1 large carrot, cut into sticks
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into slithers
- 100g sugar snaps, cut in half lengthways
- sea salt, to taste
Place all the dip ingredients into a food processor and blend until
Top with some more smoked paprika and olive oil to serve.
Place the dip in a bowl and serve with the veggie sticks.