Being someone who is intolerant to dairy, I had to find an alternative to milk so that I was able to make all the baked goods I wanted. When I cut out dairy, one of the first things I did was visit the supermarket to have a look at the range of different nut milks. But when I looked at their ingredient lists, I saw that most of them are just full of additives. Many nut milks found on supermarket shelves only contain around 2% of the nut they are made with and a whole host of other ingredients are used to make up the remaining 98%. Since a lot of the additives in processed foods make me really unwell, I set out to make out my own homemade milk.

Although I have conquered the art of making a great almond milk, oat milk for me is still the one! For a whole host of reasons, I choose to use oat milk in a lot of my recipes. I can’t get enough of it for lots of reasons. Firstly, it is so much cheaper than nut milk, secondly because it is so much easier to make, and thirdly it gives a really amazing creamy texture to recipes without adding a very distinctive taste. What’s more, making your own oat milk has a huge advantage over nut milks because no electric equipment is needed. None at all!

Oats are so great for you since they are really high in fibre and they contain high levels of magnesium, zinc and are also rich in heart-healthy antioxidants. I honestly have to have a bottle of this in my fridge at all times!

This milk goes perfectly with our Raspberry Granola!

If you recreate any of my recipes don’t forget to tag me #LiviasKitchen