I’m often asked if I ever get tired of my raw millionaire bites. As you might be able to tell from my Instagram, the answer is definitely a no! However, I like to switch them up a bit sometimes and these raw raspberry slices do exactly that. With a raspberry caramel filling sandwiched between an oaty base and layer of raw chocolate, they are heavenly! Plus, they look so pretty and summery – perfect now the days are (finally) getting warmer!
- 4 cups oat flour (320g) (or ground almonds)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup (130ml)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (60g)
- 1 cup ground almonds (100g) (or more oat flour)
- 19 dates (380g once pitted)
- 2 cups raspberries (220g)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cashew butter
- 1 cup cacao butter (100g) - or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- (optional) freeze dried raspberries to decorate
Start by lining a tray with greaseproof paper. Add all of the base ingredients to a bowl and mix well to combine. Place into the base of the tray and push down to line.
Set aside the base and then begin to make the caramel. Add the dates to a food processor and blend until you have a smooth caramel.
Add the other caramel ingredients and blend until smooth. Spread onto the base so that you have a fairly smooth surface and place into the fridge.
Add the cacao butter or coconut oil to a pan or bain marie over a low/ medium heat. Stir until melted and then add all of the other ingredients, mixing until you have a smooth, glossy chocolate. Pour this onto the caramel layer, sprinkle with freeze dried raspberries and place into the fridge or freezer to set.