These are the perfect afternoon treat or lazy Sunday breakfast. We love them toasted with lots of jam or a thick layer of peanut butter.
- 200g Ground almonds (2 cups)
- 80g Buckwheat flour (1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp)
- 2 x Flax egg (2 Tbsp flax + 6 Tbsp water)
- 50ml Maple Syrup (1/4 cup)
- 50g Coconut sugar (1/4 cup)
- 100g Raisins (1/2 cup)
- Zest 1 orange
- 2 Tsp cinnamon
- 50ml Almond Milk (1/4 cup)
- Pinch of Sea Salt
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray.
Add all of the ingredients into a bowl and ensure that the raisins are equally dispersed.
Roll the mixture into 5 balls and then flatten slightly. Place these on a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes until golden.
We love these cut in half, toasted and then slathered in jam.